Monday, January 4, 2010

My 2010 Mantra..

As 2010 begins I have decided I am not making any resolutions, because if I am being honest with myself.....THEY NEVER WORK! I guess it's not so much that they don't work but more that I just don't really want to deal with the typical......It's January 1st, time to make a big promise to make a big change and then in a day or a week or a month it's time to feel like a big failure because I can't seem to follow through. So this year I am saying NO to resolutions.

Instead, this year I am going to try to live more in the now.  I am going to try to stop worrying so much and just enjoy where I am, and believe that where I am is where I am supposed to be.  I have had a quote on our fridge for the last few years from an old calendar and this year I am going to reference it often.

"Be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars; to be satisfied with your possessions; to despise nothing in the world except falsehood and meanness, and to fear nothing except cowardice; to be governed by your admirations rather than by your disgusts; to covet  nothing  that is your neighbor's except his kindness of heart and gentleness of manners; to think seldom of your enemies, often of your friends...and to spend as much time as you can, with body and with spirit.  these are little guideposts on the footpath to peace." -Henry Van Dyke

I think if I can be mindful of this "mantra", I can bring just a little more peace into our crazy world.

Welcome 2010! I can't wait to see what challenges, adventures and fun you bring.  Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. che-ahs!!! it is, if nothing else, going to be a really FUN year !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year! here's to being IN the moment!

    ReplyDelete