Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was one of those weekends that you really wish didn't have to end.  I definitely had a case of the Mondays when I woke up this morning.  There was nothing especially exciting or interesting about my weekend, it was just a good one.  Friday after work we got in our Core Synergistics workout, and then headed out to meet our friends Kevin and Amanda for a glass of wine and an appetizer at our fav Italian restaurant-Undici.  We sat at the bar and chatted with our friends Dina and Alex, enjoyed some wine and called it a night.

Saturday morning started early when our alarm went off at....wait for it...5:30am. On. A. Saturday. If you haven't already guessed, Jason had an early tee time.  He headed out and I enjoyed a quiet, coffee filled morning catching up on my must see shows on the DVR.  After getting my fill of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice,I headed out to the Cherry Creek Farmer's market.  I could live at the Farmer's Market-all the fresh produce, cheeses, bread and don't forget the Kettle Korn-YUM.  I picked up some organic tomatoes, some bison jerkey for Jason and some Kettle Korn for my mom-it's her favorite.  Then just as I was about out of the make it out of the market without spending all of my cash, I spotted the fresh roasted green chiles.  Of course I had to stop and buy some because my mother-in-law was coming to spend the rest of the weekend with us and she makes a mean green chile.  And what goes better with homeade green chile than fresh corn and flour tortillas from the market, right?!? Yes, I finally managed to tear myself away the market and start the rest of my errands for the day.  Grocery store-check, dry cleaner-check, mall-check, awesome run in the park-check.  Saturday wrapped up with a spicy batch of green chile, a little baking,  and a couple of glasses of our new favorite (fairly inexpensive!) red zinfandel.

Sunday morning came and brought with it beautiful Colorado blue skies.  I was making a Mother's Day lunch at Mom and Dad's so I started cooking early. I made peanut butter bars with strawberry topping the night before, whipped up my chocolate pudding pie Sunday morning and prepped our pasta salad.  I had decided to create a panini "bar" for our lunch.  We had all sorts of meats, cheeses, and toppings-and it was delish. I think all the moms in my life enjoyed it! I know I was stuffed when we headed back home.  Sunday evening we relaxed-I may or may not have watched part of Titanic-I know, I just couldn't change the channel-don't judge me.

It was a great weekend, and I am so glad spring is finally started to show up around here.  The trees are budding, the flowers are blooming and the sun is shining.  Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the updates finally! I am already ready to see photos and get the scoop on the recent cruise! So jealous of your travels! You guys are all so photogenic - you should be thankful for that! Not all of us are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete