We picked Costa Rica as our destination for many reasons. The first and most important reason was my wonderful Mother-in Law, Mariana, wanted to take Jason and I on a trip this year. We had never been to CR and it ended up working out perfectly because our great friends Kate and Scott were getting married in CR in February-so what better reason to head to the tropics!
We truly enjoyed every moment of our trip and cannot wait to go back again. Here are just a few highlights from an amazing vacation-thank you Mariana!
HIGHLIGHTS-
We arrived a bit blurry eyed from our red eye flight to CR and got started right away on our sight seeing. On our way to the hotel we stopped to look at the alligators that live in the rivers. Even though we were VERY far away from the gators they were SCARY.
My Mother-in-law relaxing by the pool
Enjoying ourselves at Wishbone-our favorite restaurant in Jaco. We had dinner here the night of Kacey's birthday and it was delish. Kate hadn't joined us on the trip yet, so it was a little strange to be celebrating Kate and Kacey's birthday minus Kate.
Ziplining!! I only took 2 pictures from that day because it was a bit difficult to whip out the big Nikon while Ziplining through the rain forest hundreds of feet in the air. It was a fun experience, and not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. I was a little bummed that we didn't see any monkeys. *sigh*
The night of the wedding party's rehearsal dinner we headed out to a fun dinner of our own. We went to a tasty sushi restaurant and then went out on the town. It was the only evening we "went out" and we found ourselves in a club. There are details that are not blog appropriate-but let's just say there were some VERY scantily clad "professional" chicas in the club. And yes by professional, I do mean prostitutes....which apparently is completely legal in Costa Rica. I digress----dinner was fun and the sushi was fresh and delicious. Let's just leave it at that :)
| Jason and me with the beautiful bride Kate |
| Kate and Kacey prior to taking their flaming birthday shot |
| Kate after trying her flaming birthday shot |
| Rossi and Billy doing what they do best ;-) |
The next day we lounged around the pool and then it was wedding time. Kate (not my sister) and Scott got married right on the edge of the beach at sunset-it was one of the most beautiful weddings I have attended. Simply gorgeous.
No comments:
Post a Comment