Thursday, October 28, 2010

Running Shoes

There is nothing like a brand new pair of running shoes.  You look at the box and there is so much excitement about what lies ahead.
 This box was exceptionally exciting because it was super motivating, and made me want to get out on the road for a nice, long run.

It's strange, because many people find their love for something earlier on in life, but for me I just really started to enjoy running about a year ago.  I love running on a cool, fall Saturday morning, I love running without music if I am somewhere quiet, although most days I need my ipod to get me through :) I love the sense of accomplishment after completing a long run, and mostly I just love the way I feel after a good long run.  It clears my head, makes me feel strong and plainly stated-happy.

So anywho, back to my shoes.  Next step, opening the box, smelling that new shoe smell.  They are so WHITE!

Look at those~so clean, so many miles ahead!

Now its time for a comparison:

OLD SHOES

NEW SHOES!

ONE OF EACH!

My old shoes just got me across the finish line of my second half marathon.  It was here in Denver 2 weeks ago,  and it was the Inaugural Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Denver.  The Rock and Roll series is a fun race, they have bands set up throughout the race to keep you motivated.

 I am having trouble parting with my old shoes, because I ran so far in them and accomplished another big race in them~but as Jason tells me, the are old, have no tread left, and quite frankly they are DIRTY.  So for now I guess it's time to toss them out.  Time to start racking up the miles on my new pair.  I can't wait!

Here are a couple pics from my race :)

Early-and Dad on crutches-still there to cheer me on :)

That's me in the White hat~about mile 4. 

My love and biggest supporter!
Happy Running!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great post, kara! First of all, you even inspire ME to go for a run. And we all know how unlikely that is to EVER HAPPEN!!! You look amazing! And mom looks so beautiful! Calendar pics!! oxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I wish i felt like that!!!! Amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you rock! I wish I was a runner.

    ReplyDelete