Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend Recap

The long Easter weekend was wonderful and I enjoyed every minute of it. The husband and I started our weekend off right with dinner at our favorite neighborhood Mexican restaurant, Los Arcos, and sipped on a tasty bev.... and munched on chips and salsa of course. 

Friday I ran errands and had lunch with one of my best gal pals.  I had the most amazing seared ahi tuna salad , seriously best I have ever had.  If you are in Denver, go to the White Chocolate Grill and order. that. salad.  Delish. After lunch I finished my errands, and then came home to relax with the husband and start some of my DIY projects.  Since taking my leave from Facebook I have decided that I want to do more creative things with my time. So Friday evening I put together Jason's Easter Basket with all of his favorite things.....

And then I started on my wreath! More on that tomorrow :) I got up early Saturday morning to finish the wreath up.  It's such a great feeling to enjoy a hot cup of coffee and get crafty! Who knew?

Can't wait to show you the finished project tomorrow! The rest of Saturday was spent with my husband. We ran errands, had a beer at College Station (a classic dive bar by our old condo), and prepared a wonderful dinner of tenderloin filets.  Such a fun, spring day. 

We were up early for church on Sunday (7:30 am Mass=PACKED!). We thought the early Mass wouldn't be nearly as crowded as the 9:00 am-boy were we wrong.  I think we got the last two seats available.  It was standing room only.  From there we went to my parents to spend the rest of the day.  I had to make a million deviled eggs and get the chicken started......here was our before picture of the chicken. 

Sadly, Jason carved the chicken(do you carve a chicken??) before I could get a pic of our finished product. I can tell you however, that it turned out perfectly. Jason chopped up celery, carrots and onion for the bottom of the roaster.  We filled the chicken with chopped celery and rosemary, and we placed some small pats of butter under the skin to give it the moist, delicious flavor.  We stuffed ourselves with fantastic food and spent the afternoon and early evening with family and friends.  It was a wonderful Easter Sunday.  I hope yours was too.  As we were heading home I took this picture of my parents tree-hard to believe Spring is here.  I love it!


Happy Monday! Hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend. 

xo,

Kara

1 comment:

  1. Looks, like a great Easter!!!! I want that margarita.

    ReplyDelete