Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Flowers and Pinot Grigio

 It has been so beautiful in Denver the past few weeks, and I don't know about you all, but I am ready for summer! Outdoor dinners, early morning runs, a crisp-chilled pinot grigio, flip flops---oh I could go on and on.  I am also really excited for all of the colorful flowers and landscaping everywhere.  Being a new homeowner, I have found that I notice landscaping design so much more than I ever used to. 

This will be our first full summer in our new home, and I am ready to plant my flower pots. I have so many fantastic ideas but I am worried.  To keep it real, I usually end up killing every plant I ever pot, but not this year my friends.  It is my goal to have beautiful, healthy annuals all summer long.

I have been doing a lot of blog reading and research about all the different kinds of plant options out there and honestly, it's a bit overwhelming.  I could go the succulent route, always a good, low maintenance option. A plant, dare I say, I just might be able to keep alive?!

                                                                                                via Kara on Pinterest


I have also been thinking about grasses and ferns.  They seem fairly easy to keep alive, and I think they look classy and simple. 


I like the mix of grasses and flowers in this arrangement.
                                                                                                  
 
                                                                                             via Kara on Pinterest


I love this little vignette and have the perfect spot in our yard to try to re create it.  I also adore the galvanized metal tubs as planters!



I could also go with the tried and true geraniums which I know grow well in Colorado. 

 
 via Kara on Pinterest
As do pansies.
via Kara on Pinterest


I am hoping that I am able to take these inspiration pictures and somehow create beautiful pots that I can keep alive, heck not only alive, but thriving. I have been emailing myself articles on gardening to research the process from beginning to end, but there is ALOT I need to learn.  I can use all the help that I can get friends, so please let me know your thoughts. :-)

However, please don't be surprised if you find me sipping on some chilled pinot grigio.........

via Kara on Pinterest

 ........and skipping the potting all together ;-) 

xo, 
Kara













2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to "pot" together when I live in Denver for the next 3 months!!! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete