Monday, June 25, 2012

Update

I cannot believe it has been 2 months since my last post.  May and most of June have been CRAZY busy for us.  We travelled 5 out of 6 weekends starting the first weekend in May, and the weeks at home were just as busy. 

This past weekend was our first full weekend at home in 7 weeks, and let me just tell you it was amazing.  We did all the weekend-y things I have been longing to do for 2 months.  We did a whole lot of nothing....together.....and it was fantastic.

Outside of being busy with every day life, I have somehow completely fallen head first off of the workout wagon.  So I figured what better way to re-commit myself than in front of all the many readers of my blog ;-) 

My goal is to get in 30 to 45 minutes of physical activity 5 to 6 days a week.  And keep my calorie intake at about 1400 cals a day. I downloaded the "lose it" app to my iPhone to track my calorie intake and workouts daily, so I think that will really help me reach my goal.

The most difficult challenge for me is finding a time to get my workout in each day. On a typical week day I leave my house about 6:45 am and return home around 5:30.  For the last few months I am finding it nearly impossible to wake up when my alarm goes off to workout out before work.  And at the end of the day, I have no energy to force myself to workout.  Now I know this is a vicious cycle......when I am not working out I am even more tired, so if I could just get my butt out of bed 45 minutes earlier I know I would feel less tired.  Why I can't convince my body, and mind of this, I do not know. 

My other challenge is snacking after work before dinner.  The rest of my day is full of healthy meal choices, but the apparently from 5:30 to 6:30 I need snacks.  That is the one thing I need to quit today. 

The changes I need to make are small, but I know that they aren't always easy.  But not making the change is just me making excuses. 

So here goes nothing.

                                                                                                                   via Kara on Pinterest

I will keep you updated.
xo,
Kara

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Just wanted to say I can so relate to the not being motivated enough to get out there and just do it. Good luck and keep us posted on how to get motivated. Maybe you will help me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU CAN DO IT!!! And so can I, thank you for the inspiration sister!!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete