It's hard to believe that we have been in our new home for a year! There are still some empty spaces waiting for something lovely, but I am proud of us because we have taken our time picking out pieces we love, instead of things that just fill space.
One area of the house that we have completely neglected is our patio. Now that summer is in full swing, I feel like we need to spruce up the space a bit. We planted 8 pots of flowers this year that look beautiful but we are still missing something....can't quite put my finger on it......oh yeah, patio furniture. I think we have waited so long to purchase that patio sets are actually starting to go on sale. Woohoo! Who knew that the whole patience is a virtue thing actually applies in real life?!
I found inspiration on Pinterest for our outdoor living spaces and I am hoping to re-create a combination of these looks:
We have a walk out basement and deck just like this one and I like how there are two very usable spaces here. I would love to add the drapes on our lower level-not sure if we get too much wind at our house though.
I LOVE this outdoor rug. Before browsing for different options for our patio, I hadn't even considered and outdoor rug and now I think it is a must! Do you have outdoor rugs?
We found a set on sale at Home Depot this weekend, and I am hoping the hubby surprises me with it next weekend. Keep your fingers crossed! I think we could get pretty close to look above. Eeeee!!!
I'll let you know.
xo,
Kara
***Lifestyle change update: 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday at 5:20am!! I got my booty out of bed early!! Ate healthy all day, but did have some snacks while fixin' dinner. :-(
Baby Steps :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment