Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DIY Wreath (and Flowers!)

I got crafty friends! I have been browsing Pinterest for different beginner projects that my non-crafting self could do.  I came across this wreath as my inspiration....

                                                                                                via Kara on Pinterest


So one slightly scary and overwhelming trip to Hobby Lobby later (complete with a panicked phone call to my sister Kate), I was ready to get my DIY on.  I looked for flowers like the one on my inspiration wreath, but couldn't find them.  Instead I made felt flowers, you can find the tutorial on my sister's blog here

These flowers are super easy to make, and if I think that, well then they must be easy! Let's get started...

 My very rarely used glue gun......


Coffee and felt cutting......

A couple flowers completed.....


This wreath cost me a total of $10.00 dollars to make and I love it! I know I would have spent a lot more on a wreath from Crate and Barrel.

Supplies Needed:
*1 grapevine wreath
*squares of felt in whatever colors you desire
*Glue gun and glue sticks :-)
*Scissors
*Satin ribbon for bow on top

Instructions
*assemble flowers per tutorial link above
*glue flowers onto wreath in whatever position is your fav
*tie satin bow at length you wish your wreath to hang
*display your fabulous new wreath!


If I can do it.....you can do it!!


Happy Crafting!
xo,
Kara

1 comment: