Friday, July 29, 2011

Photography Challenge #1

The Self Portrait




My sister Kate told me about the photography challenge that Laura Beth is hosting at A Step in the Journey, and I decided to join in the fun.  I have had my D3000 Nikon for about a year and a half now and have been going back and forth on the idea of taking a photography class or two.  Sadly, I have not made my move in the direction of signing up for said classes, so I figured linking up with this photography challenge might be just what I need to start bettering my photography skills (or lack there of!). 

I am, in all sense of the word, an AMATEUR photographer, but love capturing memories with each photo I take.  I experimented with my timer for the first time for this picture, and it came out a bit blurry.  I decided to use this picture as my first post, with the hope that by week 20 of the challenge my pictures will be leaps and bounds better. Thanks for the challenge Laura Beth! I promise I will get better :)


xo,
Kara

1 comment:

  1. So glad you jumped on board!! I know by week 20 your portrait will be in full focus :)

    ReplyDelete