Our good friends Luke and Candace helped me out with the logistics of the surprise. I made sure that Jason knew they were picking us up at 5:30 to head out. I didn't want to risk Jason delaying our departure because one of his favorite college football teams was in the middle of a huge game....we needed to be picked up at a precise time with no excuses to be late!!
Well of course the days leading up to the surprise were full of anxiety for me. So many times I thought Jason knew about the surprise. I was sure I had slipped and said something, or that he would think I was acting strange. I kept telling him we shouldn't go over to mom and dad's at any point over the weekend because dad was sick......when the real reason was because Kate, Kacey, Rossi, David and Daria were all at the house!!!
At 4:30 Luke and Candace came over for a beer before we headed to the bowling alley, and I sort of felt like I was acting like a crazy lunatic.....lucky for me Candace was nervous too :). We headed to the bowling alley, and I started to realize that he might not have a clue! We pulled into the parking lot and of course I saw cars I recognized, but as I found out later Jason didn't notice a one. As we walked up to the door I saw EVERYONE standing waiting for us to walk in, and again Jason didn't see anyone. As soon as we walked through the door everyone yelled surprise, and what came out of Jason's mouth??? "What the bleep?????". Yup that's right....his first reaction may or may not have been a bit of anger :) After he got over the initial shock he saw the biggest surprise of all (to both of us!). His best friend Nic came all the way from San Francisco for his birthday.....I don't think Jason could have asked for a better present. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of his face as he walked through the door, but I don't think I will ever forget it! It was such a fun evening. Everyone bowled, drank beer, ate wings and had a great time. We headed over to our favorite restaurant afterward for some drinks at the bar. And of course since Jason is getting old, we called it a night much earlier than we did when he turned 20!
Here are just a few pictures from the night:
Our great friends Luke and Candace:
Jason's Mom and Julian
Dad, a wing, Kate and Kacey
A few more from the evening:
If you look very closely you can see my bowling injury on my index finger :)
Happy 30th, Jason!!
I have pics of Jason!!!!!!! With his surprise face!!! I'll send them to you! did you send some of these to Shelly? xoxoox!
ReplyDelete