Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Want A Mantel....

Condo living. On the 7th floor. No Fireplace = NO MANTEL. :(

Now don't misunderstand me- I love our condo and I could not imagine living in a different neighborhood.  It's just, well, I want to decorate a mantel. 

Like this:

image from Good Housekeeping

Or this:


Google image

Oooh this is nice too:
image from CountryLiving
I don't need an exceptionally large mantel, I am not picky.  I just want one to make my very own.  A mantel to decorate for every holiday, because I love holidays.  Christmas would be a fabulous time of year to have a mantel, you don't even want to see where our stockings hang right now.

I guess for now I will have to live vicariously through all of the inspiring blogs I read.  They all seem to have lovely mantels to decorate. :)

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!! that is so pretty!!! I love love love the mantles!!! Sadly...i'm leaving my mantle and moving to a "mantle-less" place as well....:( i'll just have to come back to your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!!!! Especially the first one!!! I want to make those pumpkins!

    I think I will! you could turn your bookshelf into a "Mantle"!

    xoxoxoxox
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mantles too. I have one and have not changed it in two years. Maybe it's time. I should post it. Could you get a fake mantle?? ; )) Happy Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete