Recipe from Healthy in Hurry
Ingredients
1 pound of cooked shrimp, tails removed and diced
1 cup of frozen corn thawed (I like to use fresh corn when in season!)
2- 4oz. cans chopped green chiles (NOT drained)
2 cups of canned green enchilada sauce, divided
12 corn tortillas
1- 15oz. can of nonfat refried beans
1 cup of reduced fat shredded cheese-mexican style, cheddar etc (I always use just a bit extra)
1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
Green Onions-recipe doesn't call for them but I use them as garnish
Sour Cream-recipe doesn't call for it but again I use as garnish
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and coat a 9x13 dish with pam
Combine shrimp, corn, chiles and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce in a medium bowl-cover and microwave on High until through. About 2 and a half minutes.
Spread a 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of baking dish. Top with an overlapping layer of 6 tortillas. Spread the refried beans evenly on top of the tortillas.
Then top the beans with the shrimp mixture
Next step place the remaining 6 tortillas on top and pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas
Cover enchiladas with foil and bake for about 20 minutes-until they start bubbling on the sides. Yummy!
After waiting about 20 minutes, remove the foil and sprinkle cheese on top of enchiladas. Cook for another 5 minutes or so.
Remove from the oven and top with cilantro and green onions. I serve sour cream on the side for those who like it. This recipe serves 8 and has 320 calories and 9 grams of fat. Not too shabby if you ask me!
Enjoy~
| Shrimp Enchiladas Verde-YUM! |
ok. trying this immediately!!! looks sooooooooooo good!!!!!
ReplyDelete