Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Weekend Review

I am a day late with this post because yesterday I was EXHAUSTED.  I didn't even turn on my computer when I got home from work, so unlike me. 

My sister Kate's husband's 30th birthday party was this weekend out in LA, and we had a great time.  We had an outdoor BBQ on Kacey, my other sister's in Hermosa Beach and it was full of all the fun you expect at a day time BBQ at the beach-a Mexican Fiesta! I wasn't able to take a bunch of pictures but I wanted to share with you a few I took :)

My beautiful sister Kate and her husband Billy-the birthday boy!


As soon as I arrived, we needed cranberry mimosas to fuel ourselves for the prep work ahead :-)


 The beginning of our table set up. Kate is so creative and made everything perfect.


Final stages of the table-Kate made Chipotle style burritos and they were ahhhmazing. And we couldn't forget to invite the Mexican Flamenco dancers. They really kept the party going.



Boys being boys.  Many games were played on that table. Isn't Kacey and Rossi's deck fantastic? Such a great party house!


Our littlest fiesta guest. Could she be any cuter?? Oh and don't you love the Mexican landscape in the background? That was Rossi's (brother-in-law) contribution.


The end of the evening took us to a bar in Hermosa.  It was fun, great music, and even better people watching. 


Finally, this lady had to call it a night.  I had been up for 21 hours........not sure when the last time I did something like that was.  I am getting too old for these shenanigans. :)

It was such a fun, whirwind Saturday, and I was so happy to be able to come out to be a part of the fun! Hope you all had wondeful weekends too!

xo,
Kara

2 comments:

  1. Kara! How fun!!!! I love Kacey's and Rossi's deck! And yes, Kate makes everything perfectly detailed. She is quite the party planner indeed. I love your blog and I can't wait to read more. You are one of the most fantastic people I know! I love you, Kara! Glad you had one of those 21 hour days...it's been a while since I did that as well. Oy, almost knocks the wind outta me just thinking about it. haha. All for the love of fun, it is so worth it sometimes. XO

    ReplyDelete