Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just Around the Corner

Today, for the first time in a looonnnggg time, it felt like the beginning of fall.  It was misty and drizzling this morning with temperatures in the 50's.  The kind of morning that makes you wish you could stay in your PJ's all day, watch a movie, order Chinese food and just veg.  Then of course reality set in, I had to stop day-dreaming and get up and go to work.  However, it did get me excited.  Excited for what you ask? Well, Fall of course!! Hands down fall is my favorite season, there truly is not even a close second.

I love all things about fall.  The cooler temperatures, the leaves changing colors on all of the trees, the crispness in the air that is only found on a beautiful fall morning.  College football, College GameDay, hanging with my husband watching college football ALL DAY LONG on Saturdays.  Jeans, sweaters, scarves, jackets, cowboy boots-ooh I cannot forget my love for cowboy boots.  The rich oranges and reds of fall, Halloween, pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, pumpkin spice candles from Illuminations or Yankee Candle . It is no secret, I love it all-the list is never-ending.

As far as I am concerned fall could just go ahead and start today. Summer be gone (yup, I said it)! Sadly, the forcast for the rest of the week here in sunny Denver is in the 90's.  Oh well- the tease of fall this morning will have to do.  Hope y'all are having a great week. 
Fall in Napa October 2009
                                                                                   


3 comments: