Friday, August 13, 2010

Diaper Cake!

I did it! I got creative.  I made a diaper cake! A few weekends ago I co-hosted a baby shower for my dear friend Candace who is expecting her first baby in September. So of course I thought what better time to try something new then when you are planning a party and running out of time....sound like me? I think so!

So I forced asked Jason to go with me to Target to pick up all of my supplies, and let me tell you I was shocked-diapers are expensive!! To all my mama friends out there-yikes! I am kidding, but seriously, those diapers are pricey.  Jason asked if babies are actually as small as these ity, bity diapers we were buying.  I of course informed him, "no honey, they come out at about 15 pounds."   Wha???? "Yes babe, babies are teeny, tiny when they are born, and yes these diapers will fit Candace's new little one." So after our initial shock of the cost of diapers we moved on to the baby aisle of Target.  Whew, so many things to chose from.  I am pretty sure if I were having a new little baby I wouldn't be able to stop myself from buying all the cute little baby clothes, bibs, blankets, rattles, pacifiers, the list goes on and on.  I picked up the rest of my supplies and then had to make one last stop JoAnn's Fabrics.  For those of you who don't know me, I get a little bit creeped out a craft stores.  I don't know what it is, but I ALWAYS get a weird vibe from those places. If I could put the feeling into words I would, but I can't. Anyway Jason and I ran in, spent just enough time to pick out the ribbon I needed, and ran right back out.

We got home and I started getting crafty. I rubber banded diapers, I attached pacifiers, bibs and rattles, and I even hot glue gunned the ribbon (with a little help from my hubs).  Do you know what the strangest part about it was?  I actually enjoyed it! I see a lot more diaper cake makin' in my future.

The shower was lovely, and Candace and her little Birdie got some wonderful gifts.  We all cannot wait for the arrival of new baby Sturges.

The Diaper Cake!

Me, Jaime, Jane, Candace and Courtney

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there!!! Great cake! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I would have LOVED To have gone to JoAnn's with you...I'm just sayin :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh yeah you would have-you LOVE places like JoAnn's. Move to Denver. DO IT!

    ReplyDelete