I received a card from a good friend a few days ago with a quote that I thought was worth sharing.
~Finish everyday and be done with it. You have done what you could, some blunders and absurdities crept in-forget them as soon as you can.
~Tomorrow is a new day.
~You shall begin it well and serenely, and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old mistakes and nonsense.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
I tend to hold on to the mistakes, the blunders, the absurdities and the nonsense. I dwell on them, fret over them, replay each scenario in my head....over....and over....and over again. I am pretty sure that by holding on to all of that, it only hinders what I can do tomorrow, and the next day and the day after that. Tomorrow is a new day, with a fresh start and a clean slate. I am going to start taking advantage of that blessing. xo
No comments:
Post a Comment