Monday, January 24, 2011

Pita Pizza!

If you are anything like me, I am always looking for a fast, easy to make, healthy lunch that isn't boring during the work week.  I don't know why, but lunches always seem so boring-turkey sandwich, salad, PB&J-nothing interesting there at all.  Well this yummy recipe is easy to make, with minimal ingredients and not boring at all!  I found this recipe in my Flat Belly Diet cookbook and I love it, and more importantly the husband loves it. I think he feels like it isn't one of the "healthy" things I always make him eat.  Little does he know, it is one of those "healthy" things I always make him eat. :-)


Pita Pizza-
(recipe adapted from The Flat Belly Diet)

Ingredients:
  • One whole wheat pita
  • 13 turkey pepperoni slices
  • 1/4 cup of marinara sauce ( I personally love spicy sauce so that is what i use-it gives it a little pizzazz!)
  • 1 TBS of olive oil (your healthy fat)
  • 2 TBS of low moisture part skim Mozzarella cheese (I will be honest, I always add a little extra cheese. Because I LOVE cheese).
Brush olive oil over pita.  Spread sauce over pita, then place pepperoni on top of sauce.  Sprinkle cheese over the top and place under the broiler on low for 3-5 minutes.  

Easy, healthy lunch! 

2 comments:

  1. question! Do you make this to take to work? Do you re-heat?

    :>) yumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do make it to take to work and it tastes delish reheated!!

    ReplyDelete