Saturday morning we both got our workout on, spin bike for J, treadmill for me. Since we have lowered our calorie intake by like a million, I felt a little weak on the treadmill without any breakfast in me. Next time I will definitely eat first. Even if it is just a cup or two of fruit :)
Jason and I decided that since we couldn't eat or drink this weekend, we needed something to fill our time. We chose painting as our distraction. Our guest bedrooms are both in need of a serious update, one is bright, baby boy blue (pretty sure it was a nursery) and the other is a very seafoamy green. ICK! After our workouts we headed to the local Ace Hardware to look at paint colors. After looking, and discussing, and envisioning we came home with 4 samples.
We wanted to go with a lighter grey in one room and a darker grey in the other. After some testing, we chose our colors- Silent Night and Stormy Sky.
We taped the rooms Saturday afternoon, had more protein and overcooked veggies (BLAH!) for dinner and hit the hay early.
Cue Sunday morning and a thermostat that read 60 degrees. Freezing! One phone call to a 24 hour heating service company, and a lot of cash out the door and our heat was restored with a quick fix to the furnace. Thankfully we didn't need to replace it!
Aaaannnnndddd we are back to painting. It sure did fill our day and distract us from food (and football, sorry babe!). J's mom came down to help us out so that made the job easier. I have before and after's that I will post once the rooms are put back together. So far I am loving the colors, however, the light one we chose looks a lot more blue than we thought it would, but I love it.
We finished up the weekend with a trip to Whole Foods for this week's produce and lean protein. Cooked another fabulous dinner consisting of chicken and veggies, and now it's official, I am OVER the veggies.
A few things I have learned as day 7 comes to an end:
- Weekdays are ALOT easier to get through than weekends. Who doesn't want Chipotle or a pizza after a long day of painting?
- There are only so many ways you can eat the exact same thing 7 days in row. I have run out of ideas. Suggestions?
- As hard as it is on a workday to not have coffee, it is that much harder for me on a weekend. I love my lazy Sunday mornings with a glorious, hot cup of coffee. :-(
- You really can do anything you set your mind to. :-)
Only 3 days left of the 10 day cleanse. Pretty sure we are both going to have a beer or glass of wine come Thursday! And I will definitely be enjoying a cup of coffee Thursday morning! Hope you all had wonderful weekends. Ready for a Patriots, Giants superbowl?
xo,
Kara


No comments:
Post a Comment